6 Natural Ways to Defeat Seasonal Allergies
As folks native to south Georgia we’re no stranger to pollen. Whether it’s from the pine trees or the majestic oaks or our beautiful Spring flowers, it’s a small price to pay for living in such a beautiful place! However, we thought a simple list of 6 natural ways to help you through those seasonal allergies might be helpful!
- Manage Stress-Believe it or not stress hormones can wreak havoc in your body, especially in your immune system, making things like seasonal allergies even worse! Consider things that help manage stress like meditation and self-care to help. A quick walk around Bryant Commons Park in the heart of Hinesville could be just the ticket!
- Explore Herbal Remedies-You can visit our very own Farmers Natural Foods in Hinesville to help with this one! Natural teas and herbs have been scientifically proven to help lessen the effects of seasonal allergies. We recommend trying black tea which has been proven to block the release of histamines.
- Consider Apple Cider Vinegar-Yeah, we know, it tastes awful! But it is purported to boost your immune system. Experts recommend mixing one to two tablespoons with a glass of water and lemon juice three times per day to relieve allergy symptoms.
- Visit a Chiropractor-And we happen to know some great ones! Be sure to check out the Liberty Clinic of Chiropractic, Dr. David Peer and Live Oak Chiropractic, Drs. James & Melissa Ferry. How does this help with your allergies? By releasing stress on your nervous system, chiropractic care permits your immune system to function more effectively. So book your appointment today!
- Add Essential Oils-You can add essential oils to your bath, tea, massage oil or a variety of other ways to help reduce allergy symptoms. Locally you can purchase from Cakamile, a new shop in downtown Hinesville! Essential oils for allergies help detoxify your body and fight infections. We’re sure Kandra would be happy to help you find just the right ones!
- Clean the House-Sounds like a no-brainer, but keeping your house clean and dust free is a great way to fight seasonal allergies. Don’t have the time to clean? Be sure to check out K&M Xtreme Clean for a quote on a deep clean at the beginning of each season. Or if you’re still stuck at home due to COVID concerns you can tune into 94.9 locally and listen to Conversations with Daisy Jones on Saturdays at 12 noon to learn more about this great community while you clean!
Don’t let seasonal allergies keep you cooped, up it’s way too pretty outside in coastal Georgia as Spring has sprung!